Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My feelings (ch. 4)

I was really confused in the chapter, My Feelings.

Did the narrator change at the end of the chapter or was it Oscar reading the letter that his Grandma wrote to him? One minutes the chapter is talking about the letters being sprawled out on the end on page 79 and then in the next paragraph someone is talking about being an American. Was it the Grandma talking starting on page 79?


Also, the lines that really stood out to me were…

"I know you can't take anything back. I wish my days could be washed away like the chalk lines of my day" (77).

"I have no need for the past, I thought, like a child. I did not consider that the past might have a need for me" (78).

These lines really stood out to me because they were not very specific. What I mean by that is we, the readers, can use those lines to conned the book to our own lives. I like how while reading them it brings memories into my head from the days I wish I could take back or the days when I don't think the past is important. The second quote I wrote really got me thinking. It had never occurred to me that the past might have a need for me. What does that even mean?

1 comment: