Saturday, February 14, 2015

Chapter 10

When i first opened up this chapter and saw the red pen that circled errors in these letters it made me think that Thomas, Oskar's Dad read this letter. He used to always read through the New York Times magazines and circle mistakes he found in red pen. Also when Anna says, "I'm pregnant" (210), and then find out later in the chapter that Anna and the baby die in the bombing, I know understand why the grandfather made the rule of no having children. The rules they make were to help them not think about their troubled past and having a baby reminds Thomas, the grandfather of Anna and how she was pregnant and that was too much for him to handle and because of this he runs away.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything I just don't think the red marks are circling mistakes. I have no idea what they are supposed to be pointing out to be honest, but I don't think that they are errors in the letters.

    ReplyDelete